Monday, January 4, 2016

Unconventional Materials Challenge

This challenge was really, really problematic for me.  I was going to create a piece of clothing?  But I didn't think my design would have incorporated enough of the bungee cords I received.  It only took two to go around my middle?  And none of the designs in the art room, or that I  had at home, had the sort of empire waist I wanted, and I didn't really want to have experiment with the pattern and the fabric I would've used (which was too gauzy to really wear anyways).
     So, I decided to make this sort of mobile thing?  But that didn't really work out either, because the cardboard ripped.  I mean, it worked out well, until the cardboard ripped.  Also, I overestimated the stretching capacity of the bungee cords, so the cords on the wings were really droopy and the cord on the tail and the head were really stretched out. Whatever.  If I ever attempt something like this again, I'll have a better plan, and think more about the three dimensional aspect of this.

The tail had already ripped off before I gave up.

The face was really cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment