Monday, February 1, 2016

Contour Line Drawings: Final


1. I don't think I did very well doing fluid line.  I did pretty well the bottom right corner, and continuing along the right side, I think, but after that the room overwhelmed me, and I started drawing faster to get people before they moved.  I think the fluidity of my lines, in the sections that they are fluid, are evident by their lack of sketchiness and how each of them are carefully planned and followed through.

2.  My knowledge and my prior practice studies with contour lines helped me be more confident in the proportions of the room. Though some of the people do still have terrible proportions, I believe that they would have been worse if I didn't do prior studies.  The prior studies also gave me a greater knowledge of the room, so I knew where things would be already, so though I was observing while drawing, I was simultaneously remember how and where I'd drawn thing previously.

3.  An outline drawing wouldn't have the detail of fabrics, or of the details on the objects around the room.  It would have been more static, and the individual details of the room would have been lost.  An observer might not have been able to tell what I had been trying to draw, just looking at the outline drawing, but a contour drawing gives the viewer enough context and detail to understand the drawing.

4. I feel that the art room is a bit messy and chaotic in a good way, so I tried to draw it in a way that represented the spontaneity I see when looking around.  I feel that maybe absolute lines aren't the best in capturing that feel, and that lighter, looser lines help greater to capture the spirit of the room than denser, darker lines.  Though I do wish I had used more orderly lines in some places, and more lines in other, to represent depth and texture.

5. I learned from this drawing that I need to be more careful in my drawings, and look simultaneously at the greater part of what I need to draw, but also in the details.  I also learned that I should focus on a smaller space, maybe the corner of the room instead of everything I could see at the moment.  If I could recreate this piece, though, I would go slower and make sure everyone sat still so that when I was finishing up the drawing everything was in the same place as it was when I started!




No comments:

Post a Comment