Monday, April 4, 2016

Let's Get Colorful: Dum-Dum



This is my Dum-Dum!  I started out doing light layers of green as my base color.  For the lighter sections, I went over the green in yellow and for the absolute brightest parts I added white highlights. For the shadows I worked in a progression of blues, with my darkest value being purple.  I think the lettering on this was pretty poor, and I actually forgot a line of words.  I don't think the shading on the letters was all that good either, and the perspective was a bit off. If I'd paid a bit more attention to detail, I think I could have improved on that a lot, so that's something I'll be looking out for next time.  Overall, I find that letters in perspective are some of the most difficult things for me to draw.  But I do like this drawing, and I think it came out well as a piece, if not as a representation of real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment