Monday, September 19, 2016

Oil: Apples!

I loved painting these so much!  It was a lot of fun to play with the shadows and lights, and I loved how the paints blended together so smoothly.
    In the apple I did by traditional methods--paintbrush--the colors blended together wonderfully.  I had a couple panic attacks as I worked, freaking out that I had added too much paint of the wrong color, or too many highlights, or highlights that were too weird, but I think it came together very nicely, and I am happy that I have it.
    I absolutely hated doing the palette knife painting while I was doing it.  I wiped my pink covered palette knife on the leaf, actually, because I was just done with the whole thing. I couldn't control the knife, and I felt like I was using too much paint and wasn't staying within the lines, but once I gave up worrying about that, it was really enjoyable.  And when I took a step back to look at the finished product, I was overwhelmed by the fact that I had painted such a beautiful thing.

This was done with a paintbrush!
This was done with  a palette knife 

No comments:

Post a Comment