Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Tray and Cup/Bowl

I didn't get the chance to do a  tray, because my life has become the never ending project of Cecil Gerschwin's face.  But, I did do a cup!  It's still in the glaze kiln, and it's going to be a Christmas project for my dad.
  I guess, that it was just a normal project for me? I've made a lot of quick little cups since we first learned how.  And I tried to texture it by using a wet paintbrush against the clay, and then pressing coffee ground burn-outs into it, but that didn't work out so well, so I just glazed it all over.  And no, I didn't use underglaze.
    I guess I didn't expect much from the project, because it was something that I'd done previously, but I hope that it turns out well.



It did turn out well!
I could have painted it better, but maybe that's just the glaze. Let's just say that's the glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment