Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Dwelling


This is what it looks like looking up into the structure.
Where one would hypothetically stick a candle.

I don't know if you can really count this as a successful project. I mean, it came out how I wanted it to come out, but at the same time I never really liked it?  It's fine, I guess.  It was very annoying getting the wire to do what I wanted, and that required a lot of innovation and time and tape.  But, after that, everything else went together pretty smoothy.
   It was just an irritating project.  The building would fall over, and then I didn't bend the wire right so it's sort of constricted in the middle, and the wire kept slipping down and would only stay after I hot glued the paper on. Also, there are slits between the paper and the wire, and I don't know if I like that?  Because there's supposed to be a light source in the middle, and I didn't originally want light leaking out.  I just wanted it to shine through the paper.
    In the future, I guess I would just have a better idea.  Or, at least, plan out my idea better, and make sure it's more architecturally sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment