Sunday, May 15, 2016

Face Me: Concepts for the Final

So, we had three concepts we could choose from for our portraits: mechanical, expressive, or zombified.

Mechanical:
    For this concept I thought that I would do a smooth metal face, with seams around all the major shadows, with each shadow group being represented in a different metal color.


Expressive: 
    This was a relatively simplistic idea.  I was just going to draw me being really upset, but I was going to do it in monochromatic red. 


Monster: 
     I just did this one, because I thought it would be a cool idea.  It didn't really come out how I wanted it to, so you know.  It looks really, really strange, so I'm glad I didn't choose do to this one.  I sort of wanted the left side of the face to turn into a snout?  But the perspective would have been difficult. 

Zombified: 
     I saw this image, or an image like this, the moment the project was announced.  It's sort of a flower zombie.  And it's also expressive, because I would be screaming as I was turning into a zombie.  Because I imagine having flowers growing out of your mouth to be very painful. 

Concept
Initial planning


Final sketch

No comments:

Post a Comment