Sunday, October 16, 2016

Inktober

This is a bit late, but here's my inktober monster!

This is my fellow. As you can see, he is walking by the milliner's, and he is upset because he does not have a hat.  I think this turned out really well, especially the shadows.  Eventually, the top will get smoother because it will be touches a lot and worn down, and that's the only real problem I have with the piece. Also, I wish the windows were a little different.  I tried to use some white charcoal to indicate the difference, but I don't know how well it turned out.  
    I love working with charcoal. The contrast with ink in this was very interesting, I think.  For a small sketch the piece was a lot of fun to work on, and hopefully I can do something like this again soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment