Monday, October 17, 2016

Interior Space

This was my reference picture. 

This was after my first day of working on my final. 




















This piece was also really enjoyable for me to work on. I wasn't fighting the medium, or struggling to express my ideas. The composition was enjoyable for me to work with, and I feel like the colors all worked together.
        It was really fun to paint with water colors and gouache. Though the paint I had was actually gouache, I sort of used it as water color for a different texture.  I thought that gave it a certain feel that just doing one or the other wouldn't have. Outlining in pen also added an element that just color wouldn't have.  I think Morgan was right in saying that it looked whimsical.
      I know that we're in Art 4 to make serious art that will eventually be judged by college professionals, but I think at this point in the semester I have to realize that I am not artistically on par with the rest of the class in a lot of mediums. I enjoy making art very much, but I never plan on it becoming my livelihood, or utilizing my skills beyond enjoyment.  Obviously, I would love to improve.  But overall, I think that I would like to like making art more. These past two pieces have been very frustrating to me, and I haven't liked the process of making them at all.
      This project, though, made me remember why I love making art. The simplicity of the colors and the shapes, and how they all came together in the end, was fun. And I know that it doesn't look a lot like the reference picture, and that factually it is a very poor representation of my interior space, but I think that stylistically it is an accomplishment.

This was my initial trial run, and as you can see,
I did this without a reference picture.
I've made notes on how to improve it on the picture itself.

This is my final project. I really like it, and I think the
posters in the back provide an interesting contrast,
because they aren't super detailed, but
they are very colorful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment