Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Concentration: The Moon

The moon card is a symbol of creativity and intuition, as well as an uncertain or vaguely identified future. Dave chose this card for himself, and those were the qualities he mentioned when I asked why he chose this card.  He also said that this card corresponded with his birthday,  So, I guess, that was why he got the moon.
    Though the symbolic aspect of this card might not be up to par with the others: Charcoal!!! The light of my life, the beauty of my soul.  I started this twenty minutes before class ended on Wednesday and finished it halfway through class on Monday.  I know that I should not be proud of my speed, but it was really refreshing to not do a piece where I got all caught up in the specifics and was able to just draw.  Also it came out 1/4s decent, so I'm pretty happy.

Day 1
Like, 15 minutes later 




















The linework is represented here.  Um, He chose an odd picture to send me. He's making a face while looking down into the camera, which is held out at arm's length, but the face he's making looks sort of like his normal face.  That is to say, I had some trouble with the facial proportions and his arm.  Also, Randy, the cat.  I should not be allowed to draw animals.
Day 3
End of day 3
I think the fabric came out okay. And, props to me, I think the moon was a fantastic idea, and I think I did it very well. I tried to match the craters and stuff up to the actual moon, but I don't think I did it that well.  Also, I redid his eyes several times, but I don't think I ever got them just how they should be. He was widening them, and his head was also titled, so it was difficult to accurately draw his face. Honestly, the only thing that I feel went wrong here was my initial drawing, because my charcoal technique is amazing.
     Just saying
The final

I thought this was going to be the final
but it wasn't that great
 






















Overall, I am happy with house this turned out.  Yes, I could have done better, probably, and no, this doesn't really look like the picture I was given, but I think that it is a good addition to my concentration, and it looks pretty much how I imagined it would look when I began. 

No comments:

Post a Comment