Sunday, March 9, 2014

Color Project Final

I don't know if I have much to say about the color project anymore, I think I said it all in my last post about the project.
    I think my pieces was pretty successful in the fact that it represented my subject matter pretty well.  I guess that it does look like a sea dragon underwater, to some extent.  Again, I wasn't too happy with the proportions of this final sea dragon, but I do think it's a pretty good considering.  I also like how the large blue sheet of paper sort of balance the top-heaviness of the nose.
     If I could go back and change one thing it would be, of course, the proportions.  I try to copy the second draft more precisely.
    From this project, I learned that shadows can be used in lieu of lines, which was really cool. I tried to do that for the top part of the head, where the eye is sort of set into the thicker head-bone.  Also, to indicate where the cheek muscles are and how the head settles onto the neck.  I think that, overall, I did a pretty good job of indicated elevation changes with value.
 






     (Also, I learned that I really ought to find a smudging tool other than my finger.  I got a blister that pretty much takes up the entire pad of my right pointer finger, while blending in the ocean, which is very annoying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment