Sunday, March 16, 2014

Prints


This was the best print.


This one was sort of messy, though it most defiantly wasn't the messiest of the bunch.


Did you use a source for inspiration, then combine it with your own ideas to make it original?
       I combined two sources together, the movie 'Terminator' and the search engine, Google.  In the Terminator, there's this AI computer program that controls all of the robots and starts against a nuclear war against the humans, wiping them out.  That program was called 'Skynet.'  Which, consequently, has the same number of letters as 'Google'!  And, the company Google has been creating self-driving cars, and it's really weird when Youtube videos I watched when I was ten show up on my search browser.  
      In 'Terminator,' the day that the nuclear apocalypse was supposed to happen was August 12, 1998.  That is why I named my print August 12, 2018.  I'm alluding to Google as the modern Skynet.
     Though, I don't know if I should be posting this up on a Google-run website.  They might track me down.

What issues are you examining through your artwork?

      I guess I'm examining the control of the internet over the people, and how people don't seem to mind.  Like, taking a million Snapchat photos a day?  Those photos just don't just disappear from the website, they're all stored in a server somewhere.  And, what people post on social network sites.  Everyone can know everything about everyone. 
     During lunch, too, when I'm trying to talk to people, they'll be playing on their phones.  If Google actually turned out how to be an AI that was plotting the nuclear takeover of the world, I'm betting that most people wouldn't actually mind, as long as they were allowed to keep their Candy Crush.  

I know that I sort of got on a high horse there, but it annoys me. And that's why I made a print of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment