Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Mini Project


This is my clay mini project!  I don't think it has been fired yet. Anyways, I really enjoyed working on this, but I'm sort of disappointed because they don't really have the texture of real leaves?  But at the same time, I wanted the veins to bump out, instead of indent, which is what would've happened if I'd laid a leaf on it . . . but, I really enjoy clay, so.



I guess I took two pictures of this one so you could see the structure of it?  It was supposed to be an airplane, and when you opened it up the airplane would look like it was flying?  Um, I guess I'll give myself credit for trying.  The real problem with this is that I hate meausuring and can't cut a straight line to save my life, and also this wasn't really well planned out?  Because I thought I understood what I was doing, but it was only when I had stuff glued and cut that I realized it was going to go together as I had planned.   
      I improvised a bit.  And I probably won't be using paper again. 



I really liked the cardboard project. I think I liked it the best out of all of them.  I messed up the planning, though. I should've just had the wiggles underneath the hand, instead of going down to the bottom layer?  At the same time, though, I think that would make the hand look flat, and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment