Monday, September 28, 2015

Pit Firing




I guess my process was the same as the sort as the lady in the video showed us?  I didn't really use a form, though, because I wanted a smaller cup than a juice cup. (I'm making this for my mother for her birthday, and she likes small pottery cups.)  So, I sort of just eyed how much clay I would need.  It wasn't really the best process, I don't think, because there was an excess of clay on the walls, and they got all wavy. Also the clay cracked before it was biqused, and I think that was because there was an excess of clay.  So.
      I don't know if this is a style I'm drawn to? I sort of put the burning stuff wrong, so it doesn't look as good as I wanted to.  If I could do it correctly, I think that it would be a really interesting technique.  I don't really like the lack of control, either.



No comments:

Post a Comment